Mentor Teachers are at the center of the Kern County Superintendent of Schools’ Teacher Development Program.
As a Mentor you’ll provide specialized guidance to new teachers, showing them how to accelerate their proficiency and have a successful teaching career inspiring students to learn.
Here is the Mentor Teachers’ on-line, step-by-step process that helps you, a busy educational leader, get the mentoring job done!
First we’d like to congratulate you for being selected as a Mentor Teacher!
We appreciate and value your willingness to share your professionalism andspecialized support as a mentor for our interns and other beginning teachers.
- We will work closely with you to fulfill legislative and professional standards.
View our Collaborative Assessment Log informational presentation to learn what you need to know:
We’ve created this presentation for mentors as a resource to teach how to deliver specializedteacher guidance.
- The presentation covers content from Foundations in Mentoring, designed and developed by
New Teacher Center. This serves as the basic model that guides our mentor practice.
- We also outline the research-based method that mentors are trained to use.
Use our online resources to make the best use of your time and talents:
- Just complete the brief Mentor Commitment Form (doc pdf) and return to our offices. You may also submit the completed form via email.
- Use the Collaborative Assessment Log to log Intern hours and continue your specialized
leadership with new teachers.
Still have questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all the help you need!