Essential tools for the year-long journey of becoming a Certified Teacher:
We are here to provide intern teachers with specialized guidance and support that assists you in achieving the highest level of skill and competency in the teaching profession. Below are resources we offer to meet your specific needs:
Instructional Resources for KCSOS Intern Teachers Only
- Classroom materials and supplies will be made available for all of our program’s intern teachers.
- The KCSOS Curriculum Lab at 2020 “K” Street provides a wealth of materials for intern teachers, to help you build and enhance exciting, standards-based curriculum for your classrooms.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff – Free lesson plan ideas for all ages, theme ideas for classroom, teacher forums and free printable worksheets
- Behavior and Discipline Ideas – Turn learning into a game! Kids like to wear hats…how
about putting on their thinking caps!
- California Teacher Corps
- Classroom Management Ideas I – Includes Classroom Management ideas that you can manipulate to fit your situation (K-6)
- Classroom Management Ideas II – This site has some icebreakers and energizers. Get to know your students first
- Classroom Management Ideas III – This location includes establishing rules for the class and lesson plans on how to include the class on making the rules of the class
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) Intern Website
- Lesson Plans Page– Lots of lesson plan ideas for K-12
- Printable Lessons, Forms & Activities – Free printable worksheets to use with students
- TeacherTube – Lots of videos that are posted by teachers of ideas to do in the classroom
- TEAMS – An amazing site full of ideas and resources for PreK-12 educators. Our Program Team has access to a purchased subscription. Contact Emily via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for password.
- Worksheets for Students – Great resource for new teachers
Forms You Will Need
A Personal Contact
Below are names of friendly and capable staff to guide you in your work: